Search This Site
Location and Schedule
Next Up - No idea, what would you do?
This Blog is dedicated to the adventures of The Scholl Bus, our 35′ school bus we have converted into a very unique RV. We are a family of 5, my name is Jody Scholl, otherwise knows as Dad… My wife is Chasity (or Chas for those in the “know”), our 3 girls are Lydia – age 8, Lilah - age 7, and Laini – age 5…
The Scholl Bus was purchased through a Craigslist ad in the spring of 2010, it was used by Ft. Brag Schools. Through several transactions, it ended up with a gentleman that removed all the seats and used it as a construction vehicle (hauling tools, materials to job sites).
Okay, here is the scoop for the info junkies out there:
- 1991 Chevrolet C-60 Chassis
- Detroit 8.2 Naturally Aspirated Diesel Engine
- Allison Automatic Transmission
- 35′ overall length
- Interior Height (about 3″ too short, I have to duck to walk through it)
- Roughly 42,000 original miles as of January 1 2012
- Very little body damage, only thing of note is the crumpled side in front of the RH rear tires
- Tires, like new
- Averages a little over 9 MPG highway or city
- Max speed 55 mph
- Pop-Up is a 2003 Jayco
- Overall Height 12′ 10″ with the pop-up lowered, ??? with the pop-up raised…
We cut a hole in the bus roof, then a smaller hole in the floor of the popup. A ladder was constructed so you could climb into the popup from the inside of the bus.
There are obviously a lot of behind the scenes steps, if you have any questions about how a particular aspect of the bus was completed please let us know.
Thanks for visiting The Scholl Bus