Like Us On Facebook
Scholl Bus States
Location and Schedule
Search This Site
This Blog is dedicated to the adventures of The Scholl Bus, our 35′ school bus we have converted into a very unique RV. We are a family of 5, my name is Jody Scholl, otherwise knows as Dad… My wife is Chasity (or Chas for those in the “know”), our 3 girls are Lydia – age 8, Lilah – age 7, and Laini – age 5…
The Scholl Bus was purchased through a Craigslist ad in the spring of 2010, it was used by Ft. Brag Schools. Through several transactions, it ended up with a gentleman that removed all the seats and used it as a construction vehicle (hauling tools, materials to job sites).
Okay, here is the scoop for the info junkies out there:
- 1991 Chevrolet C-60 Chassis
- Detroit 8.2 Naturally Aspirated Diesel Engine
- Allison Automatic Transmission
- 35′ overall length
- Interior Height (about 3″ too short, I have to duck to walk through it)
- Roughly 42,000 original miles as of January 1 2012
- Very little body damage, only thing of note is the crumpled side in front of the RH rear tires
- Tires, like new
- Averages a little over 9 MPG highway or city
- Max speed 55 mph
- Pop-Up is a 2003 Jayco
- Overall Height 12′ 10″ with the pop-up lowered, ??? with the pop-up raised…
We cut a hole in the bus roof, then a smaller hole in the floor of the popup. A ladder was constructed so you could climb into the popup from the inside of the bus.
There are obviously a lot of behind the scenes steps, if you have any questions about how a particular aspect of the bus was completed please let us know.
Thanks for visiting The Scholl Bus